A 2 wheeler Learners license process at Andheri RTO, mumbai
we have this mentality to think that getting things from a government office Ration card,Passport,license is tedious and time-consuming tasks and prefer such things to be done by agents by paying Hugh amount of money. This was true in the 80′s and 90′s ,but much has now changed recently thanks to advent of internet and liberalization policies.
I would like to share my experience in obtaining a two wheelers learner license at the Andheri-W RTO office. The same holds true for a 4 wheeler license. With bit of research and home work I got this done by spending only Rs 30 and one hour time spent at the RTO. Unbelievable isn’t it? Read on….
Here are a few steps which will be help all those who want to get a learners license (2 or 4 wheeler)
Go to http://www.mahatranscom.in/LernerLicence.aspx, fill in the form and then select a suitable date to go to the RTO office depending upon your geographic location.Please note that Andheri-W RTO has a special window for internet bookings,so this would save a lot of time otherwise you would need to stand in line for the form,fill it and then again stand in queue to submit it.
Take a print out of the form and you would also need 1) Address proof 2)Age proof.It would be best if you have a passport since this would cover both the requirements. Please ensure you take the originals along with the xerox.
If you don’t have a passport then for address proof:LIC policy or electricity bill Or telephone bill Or Election Card will do. AGE Proof: Birth certificate Or Leaving Certificate of school or college will be required.
On the day of submission: Reach RTO at time specified on the printout of the form submitted online.Its advisable to reach at 10:30 because as the day goes on the crowd increases.
There are five steps to be followed 1)Verification 2)Payment 3) data entry 4) Biometric entry 5) Test
1) Verification-Timings are from 10:30 to 15:30; location:For RTO Andheri:Section F
You would need to get your documents verified by the officer in charge. Please note this block F is for only online user’s otherwise you would need to stand in a long queue for the manual filled one’s.
2) Payment :location E block behind section.You need show the verified form here and pay Rs 30 for a 2 wheeler or Rs 60 for a 4 wheeler learner’s license.A receipt will be attached to the form.
3) you would need to go D block for data entry. Here the particular’s of your form will be feeded in the computer and the original form given back to you.
4) you need to go to and have your photo scanned and bio-metric fingerprint taken. Ensure that you check the details you have provided for any spell error’s.location: For Andheri RTO section D
5) Test : You would then need to go for the test where 6 is passing score out of 10 questions.you would need to select between A,B and C choices.The questions are pretty simple.
Thats it all this would take hardly 60 minutes provided you reach there early.
You would then need to come after 2days to collect your learner’s license between 3:30 to 5:00.Andheri-W RTO location behind block A.
You also need to ask the desk person where to go next after each procedure to ensure you go to the right place.Hope this blogs helps you in some way. For any other queries or doubts please post.I had gone on 31st Dec09 and got my learner’s license on 2nd Jan.
I would urge each one of you to try this on your own instead of wasting money on an agent.